Monday, December 3, 2007

More Random Thoughts

Who remembers a davenport – a/k/a couch or sofa?

Who remembers a purse being called a pocketbook?

Being told that girls shouldn't whistle because it made the Blessed Mother cry. My mother, Julia, told me that all the time.

How many of the cousins have the gene – drinking beer in small glasses?

The five Crotty sisters all wearing dresses or skirts, nylons & high heels. Only remember Betty occasionally wearing slacks.

Why did Anna use the name Ann instead of Anna? Anna is a great name!!

3 comments:

Rich said...

Recently when I was in Houston, I bought another small antique beer glass to add to my collection.

Dede said...

Hmmmmm.......small beer drinking glass....I kinda have it....don't like big beer mugs. When Rich was here in Houston, we were going to have a drink here at the house...I got out a glass and Richie said it he needed an "Anna size glass"....I found one that worked.

Dede said...

Do you remember the stockins being rolled down aroung the ankles??